Dating questions & answers

My boyfriend's a wicked flirt. I know he'd never cheat on me, but I can't stand his roving eyes anymore. Help!

It's ultimatum time. Looking at another girl now and then is one thing, but flirting in front of you is lame and disrespectful-to both you and the other girl (not that we care about her!). So politely tell him that you'll be somewhere else until he's sure that you' re the one he wants. My bet is that he'll came running right back to you. And if he doesn't, chances are that you'll be better off without him.

Robert broke up with me two months ago. Now a couple of his friends have asked me out, and suddenly he's interested again. Should I give him another chance?

It's possible that Robert has had a change of heart and realized you and he are meant to be-possible, but unlikely. So unless you 're sure this is the case-or unless you're a glutton for punishment-you shauld probably tell Robert to take a hike. The boy's behavior is much too suspicious: Either he values you only because his friends do (in which case when they go. away, he will, too), or he can't bear the idea af anyone else having you (even though he doesn't want you-not really). In either case, yau lose if you say yes.

I've been friends with George for a long time. Lately I've been thinking I want to be more than friends. I finally got up the nerve to ask him on a real date, but he said no, dating would "ruin our friendship." Is he right?

He might be. Two people who have been friends usually find it kind af weird when their friendship turns into something bigger. That doesn't mean you should never give it a try, if you're both game; some of the best romances begin as friendships. But realize the risk involved; after all, a good friend is hard to find.

One more thing: If he's too concerned with maintaining your friendship, he may be trying to tell you he's just not interested in anything more. That's his right, too, you know-so try not to hold it against him.

Seth and I have been seeing each other for a while, but now we've got a problem.

He's a real jock and says he won't go out with me during baseball season. He's asked me to wait until it's over. What should I do?

By all means, wait until he's ready to get back into the social scene again; in the meantime, see as many guys as you like. You don't have to get serious with any of them-not unless you want to-but there's no reason to put your life on hold while he's out there playing Babe Ruth. Let him know what you've decided-you don't want to sneak around behind his back. But your guy should know that every decision has its repercussions; if he chooses to put you after his sporting career, maybe losing your exclusive interest is one price he'll have to pay-and should pay.

No comments: